[bluetooth-dev] Name inquiry

Hi all,

I want to present to the user a list of detected bluetooth devices. Of
course, I don't want to present the hw addresses. So I implemented a ioctl to
get the name of a remote device. I use function "remote_name_request"
already implemented in the stack.

Problem : I always recieve back "BT SYS: ERROR: process_event:
REMOTE_NAME_REQUEST_COMPLETE: Page Timeout ".

Because I use an already implemented function, and because I verified that
the hw-address I give to this function is correct, there is something else
wrong.

In Axis stack, the remote_name_request function is called at the end of the
connection. Does it mean that it is impossible to get name without to
connect ? In this case, how to know device name to present a list of devices
to the user ?

Thank you very much if someone can give me an advice or a direction in which
to search...

alain.paschoud@xxxxxxx.ch         PSE-A
Phone +41-21-693'84'98
Fax   +41-27-693'84'91