Re: Pcmcia card speed

On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 12:50:59PM +0200, Ulrich M?ller wrote:
> Hi Jean,
>
> > 	Yes, I agree 100% with you. I was reading the doc of the
> > 16C950 yesterday and staring at the driver, and I came to the same
> > conclusion.
> [...]
> > Now, I'm thinking that Brainboxes uses the default 1.8432MHz
> > clock by default, and that you need to play with 'CKS' to get what you
> > need. I would like those friends at Brainboxes to tell us the trick
> > ;-)
>
> Nice to see that I am not the only one struggeling to get these cards to
> work at full speed. I have also tried to modify the CPR register. Maybe
> I should have noted that there is already a kernel patch at sourceforge
> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/serial/). But I couldn't guess the
> right register settings so far.

	Please read my previous e-mail. The right setting of CPR is 8,
otherwise would would not even get started and be able to read the
register.
	Last friday I modified the OpenBT code to read the CSR
speed. I was reading 115k. This mean that setting the UART to 115k
bauds give us really 115k (otherwise we would not talk to the CSR
chip), and therefore the clock is 1.8432MHz and proper CPR value is 8.

	Anyway, I'm going to look at the other stuff BrainBoxes sent
us which looks promising.

	Jean