RE: [bluetooth-dev] How to join a existing piconet ?

If the new unit inquiry scans, the master of the existing piconet can
perform inquiry or periodic inquiry to find out about it.

If the new unit then page scans, the master of the existing piconet can used
the information gathered in the inquiry to page the new unit and establish a
connection with it as the third slave in the piconet. It can now communicate
with the master.

If the master already knows about the new unit, the inquiry and inquiry
scanning doesn't have to be performed.

Robert Cragie, Design Engineer

Direct: +44 (0) 114 281 4512
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT,  UK
www.jennic.com  Tel: +44 (0) 114 281 2655