Re: [bluetooth-dev] encryptions problem ?

Hi Matthias,

I've just experienced the same behaviour with a different (Ubicom
ipBlue) Bluetooth stack where my Motorola card (IBM, Motorola and
Toshiba are all essentially the same) stopped in the same way on one of
my laptops.  Fortunately I found that the same card still worked fine in
another laptop and a 3Com card worked in both.

I'm not entirely sure which setting needed to be changed to clear the
problem, but here's what I now have set in the Bluetooth Neighbourhood
Properties on both laptops - both are now working fine again:

Trust:

Trust Relationship: "Prompt before accepting link establishment"

"Apply to all devices".

Security:

Security Mode: "No security"

Connectability Mode: "Connectable mode"

Discoverability Mode: "General discoverable mode"

Bonding:

Bluetooth Bonding: "Bondable mode"

Default Bluetooth Bonding Expiration: "Bonding is never expired"

"Apply to all devices"

Hope this helps,
Dave