RE: [bluetooth-dev] Point-to-MultiPoint with Ericsson HW

Hello,

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, [iso-8859-1] Anders Torbjörn Johansson wrote:

> If you intend to make sure the other side supports a roleswitch before
> it actually is done you can issue the remote_supported_features cmd as
> you describe. This SHOULD work anytime after a successful paging
> procedure and I really have no idea why it doesn't work for you. Which
> HW do you use?

Ericsoon ROK 101007/21E P4D with firmware P3A/A on the server side.
There was a Digianswer PCMCIA card and software version 1.09 on the client
side.  I admit there is a chance that my test wasn't clean.  I haven't
kept the log file unfortunately.

I wonder which vendors support scatternet mode.

> I see no reason why you want to know if the remote device support it
> or not before you do the switch.

I was under impression that the client device will not only refuse to
switch the role but also will break the link regardless of the connection
stage where the switch occurs.  I will test this again now.

Many thanks for the details on the role change design issues and
vendor-specific derivations.

Ilguiz