RE: [bluetooth-dev] sufficient ioctl's

Hello,

Profiles is developed in order to describe how implementations of the usermodels
are to be acomplished. This include specifying parameter ranges in different
layers of the stack. As example the LAN profile specifies that encryption should
be used and that PPP should be used. The stack itself contain all protocols
needed for this to be acomplished (L2CAP, RFCOMM for the LAN accessprofile)
so to answer your question the stack currently supports GAP, LAN and Serial
Port Profile. The implemenation of SCO-links is incomplete and
to develope profiles which require this we first need to fully
implement the SCO-parts in the stack. There are no specific IOCTLS
neither special protocols for a certain profile. The
btdm code included in the distibution is an example how to accomplish
the LAN Access profile, it handles incoming connections and setup a
PPP-session over rfcomm (IP-settings is handle through the configuration
files in PPP). It also initiates the stack, i.e setting correct baudrates
etc.

Best Regards
Anders Johansson