From: Victor Chan [mailto:eecow@xxxxxxx.com]
Sent: 10 January 2002 11:10
To: bluetooth-dev@xxxxxxx.com
Subject: [bluetooth-dev] Problem during Compilation

Hi,

I am a newbie and I just installed Mandrake (the latest version)

Here is a copy of my action in the openbt directory

[eecow@eecow openbt]$ source init_env
[eecow@eecow openbt]$ make
make -C linux/drivers/char/bluetooth
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/eecow/Desktop/openbt/linux/drivers/char/bluetooth'
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -I../../../include -I/usr/include -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce
-DMODVERSIONS -include /usr/include/linux/modversions.h -MD   -c -o
bluetooth.o bluetooth.c
In file included from bluetooth.c:1:
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:1:2: #error Modules should never use
kernel-headers system
headers,
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:2:2: #error but headers from an appropriate
kernel-source
In file included from bluetooth.c:49:
/usr/include/linux/malloc.h:3:2: warning: #warning The Use of linux/malloc.h
is deprecated,
use linux/slab.h
make[1]: *** [bluetooth.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/eecow/Desktop/openbt/linux/drivers/char/bluetooth'
make: *** [all] Error 2
[eecow@eecow openbt]$

Can somebody help me to compile this successfully for the first time?

Thanks,
Victor