RE: [bluetooth-dev] INSTRUCTIONS regarding INCLUDEDIR in openbt/linux/drivers/char/bluetooth/Makefile don't work

The files in /usr/include/linux are the ones installed together
with glibc. They are not the files used when building your kernel.

When building the OpenBT module, you need to have the include files
that corresponds to the kernel you are using. This is normally
installed in /usr/src/linux-something (and /usr/src/linux is normally
a link to the latest such directory installed). If you have no kernel
sources in the /usr/src directory, you need to install them before
you can compile the OpenBT module. With RedHat you would install the
RPM called kernel-source, and I expect it is something similar with
Mandrake.

After you have the kernel sources in /usr/src/linux, you should be
able to build the OpenBT module with:

cd linux/drivers/char/bluetooth
make INCLUDEDIR=/usr/src/linux/include

However, if you have built your kernel yourself, without using
module versioning, I expect you would get the correct result by
using 'make MODFLAGS=' instead (I have not tried this, and I am
not 100% sure I am correct).

//Peter