Re: [bluetooth-dev] INSTRUCTIONS regarding INCLUDEDIR in openbt/linux/drivers/char/bluetooth/Makefile don't work [Solution]

To everyone who has problems installing the stack:

The reason why the errors appear is because the kernel source is not
installed. (Read the log) If you have a kernel source installed, the source
tree will appear something like /usr/src/linux or /usr/src/linux-2.4
depending on the distribution that you are using. So check if you have such
a directory. If not, install the kernel source package from the installation
disk or download it from www.kernel.org

Once you have the kernel source installed, change the line INCLUDEDIR in the
Makefile to the directory where your modversions.h is found. I'm running RH
7.2 with 2.4.7-10 kernel and my kernel source is found at
/usr/src/linux-2.4, so I will edit the
INCLUDEDIR=/usr/src/linux-2.4/include/linux/modversions.h

I hope that helps.

Cheers, :)

Jason