[bluetooth-dev] An comparison between BlueZ and Axis

 Hi all Linux Bluetooth hackers,

I have done some kind of comparison between BlueZ and Axis, just for the purpose of learning more about Linux and Bluetooth. I am very sorry if it starts some kind of argument between two campaigns.

BlueZ:

Advantages:

Axis:

Advantages:

Argument:

I'm not clear as to how to use the BlueZ stack to get support for "legacy" applications - i.e. those that are written to use /dev/ttyxx (*nix),

Does BlueZ have some kind of compatibility and interoperability problem?

Why Axis uses the stream socket and BlueZ use the raw socket?

I read that "in the long run, raw sockets have proven bug ridden, unportable and limited in use." http://www.whitefang.com/rin/rawfaq.html#20. Is that a problem for BlueZ?

Please give me some help on it. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

David