From: Victor Chan [mailto:eecow@xxxxxxx.com]
Sent: 11 January 2002 16:05
To: bluetooth-dev@xxxxxxx.com
Subject: [bluetooth-dev] Compilation Error

Hi,

I have tried to comment out a line in the openbt\makefile regarding modversions.h

at the last part of compilation, I get the following error

[root@eecow openbt]# source init_env
[root@eecow openbt]# make
make -C linux/drivers/char/bluetooth
make[1]: Entering directory `/openbt/linux/drivers/char/bluetooth'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/openbt/linux/drivers/char/bluetooth'
make -C libs install
make[1]: Entering directory `/openbt/libs'
Making install in expat for host
make[2]: Entering directory `/openbt/libs/expat'
Making install in xmltok for host
make[3]: Entering directory `/openbt/libs/expat/xmltok'
install -d /openbt/target/host/lib
install -d /openbt/target/host/include
install -m 0644 libxmltok.a /openbt/target/host/lib/
install -m 0644 xmltok.h /openbt/target/host/include/
make[3]: Leaving directory `/openbt/libs/expat/xmltok'
Making install in xmlparse for host
make[3]: Entering directory `/openbt/libs/expat/xmlparse'
install -d /openbt/target/host/lib
install -d /openbt/target/host/include
install -m 0644 libxmlparse.a /openbt/target/host/lib/
install -m 0644 xmlparse.h /openbt/target/host/include/
make[3]: Leaving directory `/openbt/libs/expat/xmlparse'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/openbt/libs/expat'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/openbt/libs'
make -C apps/bluetooth/userstack links
make[1]: Entering directory `/openbt/apps/bluetooth/userstack'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/openbt/apps/bluetooth/userstack'
make -C apps/bluetooth
make[1]: Entering directory `/openbt/apps/bluetooth'
Making all in experimental for host
make[2]: Entering directory `/openbt/apps/bluetooth/experimental'
cc  btd.o bt_ipa.o bt_vendor.o bt_if.o bt_misc.o -lreadline -ltermcap -o
btdm
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lreadline
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [btdm] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/openbt/apps/bluetooth/experimental'
make[1]: *** [all-recurse] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/openbt/apps/bluetooth'
make: *** [all] Error 2
[root@eecow openbt]#

I didn't install any kernel source in the /usr/src/ directory.
I'm not sure if that's an alternative way to compile the openbt by commenting out the modversions.h line.
Can anyone let me know how to solve this problem?

Many thanks,
Victor