[bluetooth-dev] How to reduce 60 sec delay on Dial Up connection?

I am using an IBM Digianswer client on a laptop and a StrongARM host
running OpenBT 0.0.8.

ON the laptop, after assigning the Dial Up service to the StrongARM host,
I then use the Windows Dial Up connection facility to create the PPP
connection.

However, there is a 60 sec delay before PPP even starts negotiating. It
seems
to be related to modem negotiation. Can anyone tell me how to reduce this
time????? I've tried a number of PPP options, but I am sure the delay is
coded somewhere in the OpenBT stack and relates to modem negotiation before
PPP starts its LCP negotiation process.

Thanks

--
Tim Lindquist