Re: [bluetooth-dev] Is there any bluetooth API's which supports serial communication???????

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:43:39 +0530
"Zubair_maniyar" <Zubair_maniyar@xxxxxxx.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
Hello!

> 	I have one problem in Bluetooth. My requirement is to send the
> data from one laptop to another laptop using VC++ code.
> 	The description of my attempt goes like this:
> 	I installed bluetooth cards on both laptops and using normal
> VC++ code, i am trying to send data from one laptop to another laptop.
> 	In the first laptop, i have written a program which transmits
> the data by opening the serial port (to which bluetooth card supports)
> using normal vc++ functions,
> 	but it is not transmitting.
> 	Similarly, in the second laptop, i have written a program which
> receives the data by opening its serial port.
> 	I am not getting the result. Is there any different bluetooth
> API's are available to accomplish such communications???

Err ... maybe a dumb question, but have you installed any Bluetooth stack
and the two laptops?
I think there is a profound misunderstanding here.
The BT cards offer a UART like interface, yes. But you have to use a BT
stack on top it this with the UART HCI and _then_ use the BT stack
features to communicate. What you are looking for is RFCOMM which
simulates a serial interface for data transfer.
You cannot use the BT modules just like a radio transmitter/receiver...

> Thanks,
> Zubair.
CU
  nils faerber

--
kernel concepts          Tel: +49-271-771091-12
Dreisbachstr. 24         Fax: +49-271-771091-19