[bluetooth-dev] Why to declare twice things ?

Hello,

There is something that is a bit special in openBT. This is that some things are defined twice. Once for user land, once for kernel land.

Example : every ioctl value is defined in bt_if.h and bt_common.h. You will find exactly the same line to define HCISET_EVENT_FILTER in both files.

I think that these things should be defined in a .h file situated in /usr/src/linux/include/linux/bluetooth/. These definitions should be accessed by the kernel part and the userland part.

I there any reason to keep two definitions ? If yes, can someone explain me why ?

Regards,

alain.paschoud@xxxxxxx.ch         PSE-A
Phone +41-21-693'84'98
Fax   +41-27-693'84'91