Re: [bluetooth-dev] kernel s User Mode

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:14:06 +0530
alok <alok@xxxxxxx.com> wrote:

> Hi!!!
>
>  I  want to ask one question...which mode is more preferrable
>  Open Bt kernel mode OR open Bt user mode, which things doesn't
> work in user mode stack( i mean bugs)...Can I  develop higer layer
> application protocols
> over l2cap if  I use open Bt user mode.
> protocols.....
> Please answer,

Hello,

I think you should use the kernel mode, because there are some things that doesn't work in User mode. If you use Kernel mode, you will be able to use every features.

The only drawback is that if there is a problem, you can more easily crash the computer, because a problem in kernel is not easy to recover.

Regards.

alain.paschoud@xxxxxxx.ch         PSE-A
Phone +41-21-693'84'98
Fax   +41-27-693'84'91