Re: [bluetooth-dev] Line collision between SDP and RF_COMM

Hi Ran Thou,

you are right, I noticed the second problem some timeago.

I have an application where two rfcomm data channels are needed:

Device A connects to device B through rfcomm for LAN access. Further Device A needs
a rfcomm connection to device B for a special custom application that relies on a transparent
serial connection (no TCP/IP/PPP). It is not possible to setup these two connections
at the same time. I am not sure what happens if SDP is also connected at the same time.

Should we allow such scenarios ?

Matthias

Ran Zhou wrote:

> Hi,
> OpenBT(I am currently using OpenBT-20010816) uses 'line' for sdp
> connection object and rf_comm connection object, this may cause
> trouble for application.For example:
> 1. If device A opened connection to device B, A would get line0 for
>    the connection. Then if B opened a rf_comm connection to A, the
>    stack in A would assign line0 to the rf_comm connection unawaring
>    that the line had already assigned to sdp connection. The application
>    in A would have no way to use ioctl command 'BTISLOWERCONNECTED' to
>    detect the rf_comm connection and can't open /dev/ttyBT0.
> 2. There is possibility (I guess OpenBT doesn't want this happens)
>    that the A can have more than one 'line'  connecting to B(eg. one
>    for rf_comm, one for sdp). This will cause problem too if you use
>    'BTREADREMOTEBDADDR'.
> These are just my experience, someone may correct me if I am wrong.
>
> Regards
>
> Ran
>
> ----------------------
> Ran Zhou
> Centre for Communications Research
> University of Bristol
> c/o: PACT
> University Gate                            Tel:  +44 117 915 1278
> Park Row                                   Fax:  +44 117 954 5206
> Bristol BS1 5UB
> United Kingdom                             Email: Ran.Zhou@xxxxxxx.uk
>
> -

                             _/_/_/_/   Matthias Fuchs
                            _/_/_/_/   Dipl.-Ing.
                           _/_/_/_/   matthias.fuchs@xxxxxxx.com

       _/_/_/   _/_/_/_/_/_/_/      esd electronic system design gmbh
     _/   _/  _/             _/    Vahrenwalder Str. 207
    _/   _/    _/_/_/   _/   _/   D-30165 Hannover
    _/             _/  _/   _/   Phone: +49-511-37298-0
     _/_/_/_/_/_/_/   _/_/_/    Fax:   +49-511-37298-68