RE: [bluetooth-dev] Line collision between SDP and RF_COMM

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 10:45:29 +0100  Anders_Torbjörn_Johansson
<anders.t.johansson@xxxxxxx.com> wrote:

> > Hi, Matthias:

> > with B using
> > >
> > > You can do that. OpenBT does not complain about that. But
> > the second RFCOMM channel does not work !
>
> There should be no problem with that. The current code will however
> set up two different multiplexers (and 2 l2cap sessions as well).
> OpenBT should really use the same multiplexer for the two lines
> (that's what the multiplexer should be used for).
I think 'line' should be more related to baseband link, otherwise it
would waste the resources--the 'BT_NBR_DATAPORTS' is 7.

> > the same time.
> > >

> SDP shouldn't use a line at all as we are running the SDP-server -> OpenBT
> communication through a procfile (in kernelmode). I guess the line was
> intended to be used for a SDP-client

Yes, But it may have collision with RF_COMM which may get same line and
the stack will not check for it.

Although 'line' can/has to be used (in kernel mode)by SDP client to get
SDP connection, you can't use it the same way as for RF_COMM such as to
open /dev/ttyBTx (am I right here?). And I have no way to disconnect it
(kernel mode again) once it has been connected. It seems to me that
it's remaining unfinished(SDP)--(I am using OpenBT 20010816 and I
checked its CVS site but no development on this issue).

> but personally I think a socket
> is more suitable for this.
>
> Best Regards
> Anders Johansson
> -

Ran Zhou
Centre for Communications Research
University of Bristol
c/o: PACT
University Gate                            Tel:  +44 117 915 1278
Park Row                                   Fax:  +44 117 954 5206
Bristol BS1 5UB
United Kingdom                             Email: Ran.Zhou@xxxxxxx.uk