Re: [bluetooth-dev] Using UART with CSR module

On Tue, 05 Feb 2002 14:42:58 +0000
Carl Orsborn <cjo@xxxxxxx.com> wrote:

> Alain,
>
> You say you have been able to initialise the module,
> so I presume BCSP is working ok.
>
> Your device will not be discoverable (via inquiry or
> page) until you enable inquiry-scan and page-scan.
> This is normally done via the HCI command
> Write_Scan_Enable.

Yes, OK. But the stack always send this HCI command during initialisation. I've in the logs :

Setting write scan enable: [0x3]
HCI: hci_write_scan_enable: enable 3

So I think the CSR module should be discoverable after initialisation.

I now managed to communicate with the CSR module without BCSP (I desactivated "Support BCSP", and don't define INCLUDE_BCSP_SUPPORT). But the problem is the same : the module can't be found by others, and it can find the other modules.

So I think BCSP protocol is not responsible for that. But is there any PS Key that can change the discoverable/undiscoverable behavior ?

> Alain Paschoud wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >I tried to use the full BCSP protocol (I activated "Support BCSP" and "Use BCSP") in kernel mode with module from Murata. I'm able to initialize the module, but it is not discoverable, and can't discover other modules (for unknown reason).
> >
> >What is configuration to use module in UART mode ?
> >  Do I need to active "Support BCSP", or don't I need ?
> >  Do I need to set the variable INCLUDE_BCSP_SUPPORT=1 when I make bt.o ?
> >  Do I need to set something particular in userland (when compiling soft in experimental directory) ?
> >
> >Is there someone which use Murata module ? without problems ?
> >
> >Thank you for any help.

> The information transmitted is intended only for the person or
> entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
> and/or privileged material.
> Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
> taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
> persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
> prohibited.
> If you received this in error, please contact the sender and
> delete the material from any computer.

alain.paschoud@xxxxxxx.ch         PSE-A
Phone +41-21-693'84'98
Fax   +41-27-693'84'91