Re: [bluetooth-dev] Using UART with CSR module

Alain,

In an earlier post you stated that you'd managed to get BCSP
to work.  You now say you've diabled the host's use of BCSP.
You don't indicate that you've reconfigured the Mitsumi module
to use H4.  Are you sure the host transport is working?

Assuming this is ok, you note that the host stack initialises
the module with a "Write_Scan_Enable 3" command.  Have you
checked the command was accepted?  The corresponding
Command_Complete event should indicate success.

If this was successful then that's all you should need to do
to cause the module to perform periodic (page-scan and)
inquiry-scan.  Thus you should be able to find it using inquiry
from another device.

There has been traffic on bluetooth-dev in the past few days that
suggest one (?) of the OpenBT stack's initialisation HCI commands
is being rejected by the CSR firmware.  (Discussion of Hardware_Error
code 0x1c - see posting by Andreas Petralia.)  Thus it's possible the
CSR device isn't entering inquiry-scan.

If this isn't the problem, you may need to consider other
basic questions:

    - has the device ever been seen to work?
    - does the device work when connected to a BillBox (e.g., using
        CSR's BlueChat or btcli.)
    - has the device got an aerial?
    - is there a humming microwave oven with an open door nearby?
    - have you another Mitsumi module to try in its place?

(I was somewhat concerned by the wording in one of your earlier
posts, "I have my own hardware on which the CSR module
is welded."  I hope you meant to say "soldered.")

Regards,

Carl