Re: [bluetooth-dev] Problem: HCI failed to initialise

On Fri, 08 Feb 2002 00:29:53 -0800 shuyi <shuyi@xxxxxxx.ca>
wrote:
Hi
Sometims my BT card didn't work properly, so I just do unplug and plug
to it to get it to work.

Ran

> Hi all,
>
> I downloaded openbt-20011021.tar.gz and everything compiled successfully.  However, I haven't been able to run bti.
>
> The error message I got when running bti:
>
> Please reset HW board within 5 seconds
> csr_bcsp_to_h4: Invalid argument
> Shutting down Bluetooth stack
>
> I have observed the following from the message log:
>
> kernel: HCI: send_cmd_queue: end : 0 cmds left in queue
> kernel: cmd_timeout: Timeout when waiting for command response
> kernel: BT SYS: Host flow control not enabled
> kernel: BT SYS: M/S switch disabled
> kernel: BT SYS: Force M/S switch set to 0
> kernel: BT SYS: ERROR: HCI failed to initialise
> kernel: BT SYS: Shutting down BTMEM
> kernel: BT (driver) BTSETBCSPMODE: -1
> bti: Changing CSR host IF: BCSP -> H4
> kernel: BT (driver) BTSETBCSPMODE: 1
> kernel: BT (ldisc) bt_tty_ioctl: Forwarding ioctl 0x5402 to n_tty line disc
> kernel: BT (ldisc) bt_tty_ioctl: Forwarding ioctl 0x5401 to n_tty line disc
> bti: Shutting down bluetooth stack
> kernel: BT SYS: Shutting down bluetooth stack
> kernel: BT SYS: Shutting down BTMEM
>
> The bluetooth hardward I am using is Xircom CreditCard Bluetooth Adapter on a Toshiba TECRA 8100 laptop with Mandrake 8.1 installed.
>
> Can anyone help me solve this problem??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Duncan
>

> -

Ran Zhou
Centre for Communications Research
University of Bristol
c/o: PACT
University Gate                            Tel:  +44 117 915 1278
Park Row                                   Fax:  +44 117 954 5206
Bristol BS1 5UB
United Kingdom                             Email: Ran.Zhou@xxxxxxx.uk