Re: [bluetooth-dev] Security Manager Implementation

Hello Tim,

> Currently I am implementing Security Manager on my Arm7 developement
> board.

Fine !

> According to the spec, the interface between the sec. manager and stack
> is through the /proc/sec_srv and ioctls. When my application receive
> some security events(e.g. PIN_CODE_REQUEST) through /proc/sec_srv it
> will use ioctls to reply it.

You only need to use the proc file. A aecurity manager does not need any ioctl
of OpenBT and therefore does not need to open any device of the stack.

Communication with the stack is only done by read AND write operation on the
mentioned proc file:

	while(1)
	{
	read_from_proc_file(&sec_request);
	handle_it(sec_request,&sec_reply);
	write_to_proc_file(sec_reply);
	}

> My problem is that my bluetooth devices will do authentication before
> connection complete. When btd issued BTCONNECT command, it will prevent
> other process using ioctls until connection complete event has received.
> So when my security manager received Pin Code Request Event, it cannot
> reply with Pin Code Request Reply using ioctls. My turnaround is comment
> out the semaphore functions down(&ioctl_sem) and up(&ioctl_sem) in
> bt_ioctl. I think it is not a good method. So is there anyone who has
> the same problem as me? Any suggestions are welcomed!

These problems do not appear when you are only working with the proc file.

I heard a quiet whisper that there will be a security manager available at sourceforge
in a few days.

Matthias

                             _/_/_/_/   Matthias Fuchs
                            _/_/_/_/   Dipl.-Ing.
                           _/_/_/_/   matthias.fuchs@xxxxxxx.com

       _/_/_/   _/_/_/_/_/_/_/      esd electronic system design gmbh
     _/   _/  _/             _/    Vahrenwalder Str. 207
    _/   _/    _/_/_/   _/   _/   D-30165 Hannover
    _/             _/  _/   _/   Phone: +49-511-37298-0
     _/_/_/_/_/_/_/   _/_/_/    Fax:   +49-511-37298-68