Re: [bluetooth-dev] unwanted logs

>>>>> "Alain" == Alain Paschoud <alain.paschoud@xxxxxxx.ch> writes:

[snip]

 Alain> So I want to make all these printk so that they can be
 Alain> desactivated. The idea is for example to replace every printk
 Alain> by something like a DOTHER macro. This macro will be activated
 Alain> by default, so the behavior will be the same as now. But for
 Alain> people (like me) that want to remove every logs, it will be
 Alain> easy.

 Alain> I'll replace printk("\nHW module contains...\n");
 Alain> by DOTHER("\nHW module contains...\n");

[snip]

 Alain> Before I do that, I want to know if somone have a better
 Alain> solution to solve the problem, or another proposition for
 Alain> managing logs, or if someone absolutely doesn't want that I do
 Alain> this modification and why. Please tell me before I start to do
 Alain> that.

 #define printk (a...) /* nothing. */
 #define printf (a...) /* nothing. */

You can use this at the start of source to `NULL' out the printf and
printk calls.  This avoids changing the function call names (and
arguements about what to call them) to a macro name.  It also
minimizes your works.

hth,
Bill Pringlemeir.