[bluetooth-dev] Where is a safe place to put this?

I am using the CSR BCCMDs to control the PIO on the CSR module.
I have some PIOs connected to LEDS and want to make one a Bluetooth
activity LED.

I have written some HCI vendor commands that control the PIOs and that
works,
but I'm a little unsure where I should call my hci_toggle_led() function
in order
to use it as an activity LED. Where is a safe tx or rx function to call
my function
from (I am not on top of all the queuing in the HCI functions, so am
unsure if
I can just insert a call to my hci_toggle_led fn without upsetting state
or queuing.
Note my hci_toggle_led fn is based on some of the other CSR functions eg
hci_read_firmware in hci_vendor.c).

Can anyone suggest the best place to insert the call?

Thanks