[bluetooth-dev] Cross compile the openbt stack

I saw your guidelines on the mailing list. My target
is to port the stack into iPAQ H3600 running familiar.
I'm also using openbt-20010507.tar.gz.
Could you mind telling me that what's the use of the
arm-linux-kernel in my host PC? Is that it is just for
providing a chain of compiling tools like
arm-linux-gcc?
Also, when I search linux-2.4.9-ac10-rmk2-np1 on the
web, the content type reported is always plain text,
so how can I make use of such kind of files?
Could you give me a helping hand?
Thanks a lot!!!
Dick

> The procedure is following.
>
> My Host:
> pentium III 1Ghz  ,  256Mb memory
> Redhat 7.2 (linux-2.4.13)
> arm-linux-kernel : linux-2.4.9-ac10-rmk2-np1
> openbt-20010507.tar.gz
>
> 1. download openbt source and uncompress it.
> 2. cd /openbt/linux/drivers/char/bluetooth
> 3. modify the line 40 ~ line 43 of Makefile to your
arm linux kernel
tree

>    INCLUDEDIR = /usr/arm/linux-2.4.9/include   <--
your armlinux path
>    #CC    = $(CROSSCOMPILE)gcc               <--
comment
>    #LD     = $(CROSSCOMPILE)ld
>
> 4. cd /openbt/apps/bluetooth/btd
> 6. modify the line 14 of Makefile
>
>    #HAVE_READLINE_READLINE = 1    <-- comment
>
> 5. modify the line 36 of Makefile
>
>    #CFLAGS +=  -MD              <--- comment
>
> 6. cd /openbt/apps/bluetooth/sdp_server
> 7. modify the line 25 of Makefile
>
>    CFLAGS  +=  -I$(INCDIR)
>    #-MD
>
> 8. cd /openbt/apps/bluetooth/userstack
> 9. modify the line 14 of Makefile
>
>    #HAVE_READLINE_READLINE = 1    <-- comment
>
> 10. cd /openbt
> 11. export CC=arm-linux-gcc
> 12. export LD=arm-linux-ld
> 13. source init_env
> 14. make
>
> and then you will get the openbt module, bt.o
>
> you must create bluetooth device file,
/dev/ttyBT0(ttyBT1,
ttyBT2....) in