Re: [bluetooth-dev] bluetooth in the real world

Hi Andrew,

Just want to share some experience with all of you.

So far I was using Axis OpenBT with the baseband which was developed by ourselves in a ARM 7 platform.  Here is the status:

1. 3Com PCMCIA
- Can establish RFCOMM connection. After that, using hypterterminal and ZModem can transfer files up to 380 kbps.

2. TDK USB BT dongle
- Same as 3COM (I think it's more reliable than 3 COM!)

3. Ericsson T39M
- As our Baseband not implement encryption yet, it stop when T39M send LMP_ENCRYPTION_MODE request.
 However, I have test Axis with Ericsson EBDK Baseband and I can use minicom in Linux side to send AT commands. e.g. can dial to ISP.

4. Axis AP
- Same as 3. We need to implement encryption!!! Tested it with Ericsson EBDK BB and through it I can browse internet throught Bluetooth!

I hope anyone who use AXIS with some success shared their experience also. Currently I am looking for OBEX through AXIS. Any ideas?

Best Regards,
Tim Chan