Re: [bluetooth-dev] Help for ppp

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:06:02 -0700 (PDT) gaurav gupta
<gagupta@xxxxxxx.com> wrote:

> hi guys..
>
>        I need yr help. I am trying to establish the
> ppp connection over openBT but it doesnt seems to be
> working. I tried all the explaianation on the mailing
> list but its not working. I haev spend 3 days on the
> same problem. Please help me. This is what i am doing:
>
> On server Side:
> ****************
>
> file:/etc/ppp/option file has:
>
> noauth nodeflate nobsdcomp lock
> mtu 1000
> mru 1000
> debug
> local
> silent
> 130.85.100.220:130.85.83.81
> proxyarp
>
> file:/etc/ppp/options.ttyBT0
>
> noauth nodeflate nobsdcomp lock
> mtu 1000
> mru 1000
> debug
> silent
> 130.85.100.220:130.85.93.81
> proxyarp
>
> btd --server --physdev=/dev/ttyS0 --speed=57600
> --modem=0
>
> server starts fine.. no errors
>
> On Client Side:
> ****************
>
> file:/etc/ppp/option file has:
>
> noauth nodeflate nobsdcomp lock
> mtu 1000
> mru 1000
> debug
> local
>

> file:/etc/ppp/options.ttyBT0
>
> noauth nodeflate nobsdcomp lock
> mtu 1000
> mru 1000
> debug
> silent

client can't be 'slient'.

> 0.0.0.0:130.85.100.220
> netmask 255.255.255.0
> defaultroute
> noipdefault
>
> btd --client --physdev=/dev/ttyS0 --speed=57600
> --modem=0
>

> After that i do an inquiry from the client that gives
> the BT add of the server and i open an RF_con form
> client(using the option)...
> Client shows me the "connected" option
> Server starts the pppd..
> "No Errors till now"
>
> now when i type "ppp" on the client side nothing
> happens..
> no errors but it doesnt print any IP address nothing..
>

> What is going wrong here.. I copied the option files
> form some mail on the list and modified the IP add
> accordingly..
>
> Wht else do u have to do. Please mail me the steps
> again.. and also please mail me the steps how to do
> the same "ppp" connection theought the files in
> /experimental directory
>

> I will really appricate yr help.. U can save me going
> mad over this :)
>
> thanx in advance
> Gaurav Gupta

Ran Zhou
Centre for Communications Research
University of Bristol
c/o: PACT
University Gate                            Tel:  +44 117 915 1278
Park Row                                   Fax:  +44 117 954 5206
Bristol BS1 5UB
United Kingdom                             Email: Ran.Zhou@xxxxxxx.uk