[bluetooth-dev] Re: - No Subject -

On Wed, 1 May 2002 14:10:54 -0700 (PDT) gaurav gupta <gagupta@xxxxxxx.com>
wrote:

>   How can i send and receive data over RFCOMM..I
> successfully managed to open an RFCOMM connection and
> i understood the btsend.c file . But there is no file
> to receive data on the other side.

Try:
On machine 1:
cat /dev/ttyBT0

On machine 2:
echo hello>/dev/ttyBT0

> I think its going to be a simple read command on the
> device at which the connection is opened.. but where
> in the btd.c code should i insert the code..
>
> Can i make a seperate read file and issue a read
> command in the beginning, will it block till some data
> comes on the device..
>
> Will there be a conflict with the btd.c file because
> both will try to read the data at the same time
>

> please advice.. how should i go about it, n whether i
> m thinking right ..
>
> I'll summarize my problem:
>
> "I want to send some data from one machine and receive
> it on the other side. both sides are running "btd.c"
> or "btdm". I am sending data using the "btsend.c" file
> or the menu option in btd.c.
>
> But i want to receive and store this data on the other
> side. How should i do it?"
>
> please help
>
> thanx in advance
> Gaurav Gupta

Ran Zhou
Centre for Communications Research
University of Bristol
c/o: PACT
University Gate                            Tel:  +44 117 915 1278
Park Row                                   Fax:  +44 117 954 5206
Bristol BS1 5UB
United Kingdom                             Email: Ran.Zhou@xxxxxxx.uk