RE: [bluetooth-dev] problem using the examples

The pid file contains the PID (Process ID) of bti, and is used
to prevent more than one instance of bti from running at the
same time and also to find the pid of bti from other processes.

The pid file is created as /var/run/btd.pid, and if you do not
have write permissions for it (normally only root does) you
will get this error.

//Peter