Re: [bluetooth-dev] CSR chip : bcsp problem

Hi,

Thank you for your answers. I got some up-to-date documentation from CSR. I have now next documents :

bc01-an-102a
bc02-an-005a

in bc02-an-005a, I didn't find any changes concerning BCSP related keys.

I think my problem comes from new firmware (however, I can't verify firmware version now that I can't communicate any more with the modules). Otherwise, we should have no problem to change key to set module in BCSP as we did before. When we got CSR chips, we thought that they where in BCSP mode. But they were in H4. They are now solded on our embedded system, and serial line is connected to a micropocessor. I must now change the keys without any specific tool, just by sending packets on the serial line.

According to bc01-an-102a documentation, I should change key 0x1F9. Ok, I did that. Before I get in troubles, I changed key PSKEY_HOSTIO_UART_PS_BLOCK (0x191) which is indicated as "Do not modify these keys under any circumstances" in the document. But it was the only way I found to change parity and flow control activation/desactivation. Now in the document, it is indicated : "Since the keys can be set elsewhere it is not necessary to change this key directly". But I didn't find another way to set the keys.

Gavin Jewell is speaking about "USE_OLD_BCSP or something similar" in new firmwares. For the moment, I haven't found such information in CSR documentation. But in facts, I just need to know exactly which keys I have to change with new firmwares to move from H4 to BCSP. I've a small embedded software to change them, and because keys are only read at boot, I can change every necessary keys to move from H4 to BCSP before to activate changes with a reboot. The speed is known (115k) because I could communicate in H4 with the module at this speed.

I didn't find the update Gavin is telling me about : "CSR have published updated documentation on their site to say how the
behaviour has changed". If you have some more precise references...

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards.
alain.paschoud@xxxxxxx.ch         PSE-A
Phone +41-21-693'84'98