[bluetooth-dev] Sensing the presence of many devices?

I've paired my computer with one hundred phones using the OpenBT stack.
I want to notice then my computer can communicate with anyone of
the phones. Is there a way to do that?
I've tried with btinq, but it doesn't work since the phones are not
in searchable mode. btping is too slow (5 seconds per phone).

                             .oooO o,o Oooo.
"Life is not fair, but root   \ (  /|\  ) / (o_   //\
password helps!" -- The BOFH   \_)     (_/  (/)_  V_/_