RE: [bluetooth-dev] collecting data from serial port and send via bt-radio?

Hello,

I assume you already have an application which fetch the data from the serialport?
In that case you will also need to produce the XML-file from the data received,
there is probably some libraries for this in Linux which can be used. For the
transfer I suggest you use PAN to setup a network-connection over bluetooth
and then send your generated file over standard TCP/IP. There is a tool
called bnep_connect which allows you to initiate the BT-link. As example
you have initiated the connection at bnep device 0. You can then use
bnep0 just like a standard ethernetdevice, ifconfig bnep0 <ip> up, and
then send data through that interface. You will probably have to setup
your routes correct so the data is sent to the BNEP-interface instead
of standard eth0. This is probably the easiest way to do it, otherwise
you will have to create custom application on both sides of the BT-link
which uses, as example, rfcomm for sending the data. You can also use
the LAN access profile which uses PPP over a rfcomm-channel but my opinion
is that LAN profile is an unnecessary complicated way to accomplish
network connectivity over Bluetooth (that's why PAN was created :) ).

Best Regards
Anders Johansson