[bluetooth-dev] link supervision timeout..!

Sir,
    I want to change the link supervision timeout to
20 sec(just for testing) and I have seen the following
function,but Iam not able to understand how to specify
this to using unsigned char* link_to :

void bt_write_link_supervision_to(int bt_cfd, unsigned
char* link_to)
{
#ifndef BTD_USERSTACK
  if (ioctl(bt_cfd, HCIWRITELINKSUPERVISIONTO,
link_to) < 0)
  {
    perror(__FUNCTION__);
  }
#else
  fprintf(stderr, __FUNCTION__ ": Not yet
implemented...\n");
#endif
}
          What I did id is,for bt_cfd I send the
connection socket id and for link_tmo Iam not able to
understand how to set it to 20 seconds.Please give me
some suggestions in this regard..
Thank you..