[bluetooth-dev] Enable pthread support..!

Sir,
    How can I enable pthread support on my linux
version running on axis access point.I want to use
pthreads in my application,and by default this support
is not enabled in my 2.4.19 version.Could you please
tell me how I can accompilsh this.
    And I request you to explain me what exactly is
BT_control device and how BT_CTRL_TTY & /dev/ttyBTx
differ.
    Thank you.