[bluetooth-dev] Re: Bluez on DevBoard 82

Hello Tobias!

The description for bluez-libs and bluez-utils follows. But first let me tell
you about my problem:
The userspace tools are running, but the kernel locks up when I do, for
example, "hcitool scan" (hcitool inq works) or when I use any rfcomm command.
If your kernel does not lock up when using BlueZ via USB please tell me what
you did to the plain vanilla devboard 82 software and plain vanilla kernel
2.4.22 to make it work!

In the top level directory of the devboard-82 software cd to "apps" and create
a folder called "bluetooth" there.
Place the Bluez library sources and the Bluez utility sources there in
directories called "bluez-libs" and "bluez-utils". You can also use links
with these names to the sources (this is how I do it).
Now look for the end of the "SUBDIRS" list in the top level Makefile and add
the line "apps/bluetooth" to the end of the list (don't forget the "\" in the
previuos line!)
Place the attached Makefile inside the "apps/bluetooth" folder and run "make
install" (after sourcing init_env).

A more general description can be found here:
http://developer.axis.com/doc/software/devboard_82/makefile-howto.html

Happy bluetoothing (and please don't forget my problem),
Alexander Eder

AXIS_USABLE_LIBS = UCLIBC GLIBC
include $(AXIS_TOP_DIR)/tools/build/Rules.axis

PROGS = bluez-libs bluez-utils

INSTDIR   = $(prefix)/bin
INSTMODE  = 0755
INSTOWNER = root
INSTGROUP = root

BLUEZLIBDIR = $(AXIS_TOP_DIR)/apps/bluetooth/bluez-libs
BLUEZUTILSDIR = $(AXIS_TOP_DIR)/apps/bluetooth/bluez-utils

.PHONY: $(PROGS)

all: $(PROGS)

install: $(PROGS) bluez-libs-install bluez-utils-install

clean: bluez-libs-clean bluez-utils-clean

bluez-libs:
	@if [ ! -f $(BLUEZLIBDIR)/Makefile ]; then \
		cd $(BLUEZLIBDIR); \
		CC="$(CC)" LD="$(LD)" ./configure --host=i686-linux; \
	fi
	@$(MAKE) -C $(BLUEZLIBDIR); \

bluez-utils: bluez-libs
	if [ ! -f $(BLUEZUTILSDIR)/Makefile ]; then \
		cd $(BLUEZUTILSDIR); \
		CC="$(CC)" LD="$(LD)" ./configure --host=i686-linux --with-bluez-includes=$(BLUEZLIBDIR)/include --with-bluez-libs=$(BLUEZLIBDIR)/src ;\
	fi
	@$(MAKE) -C $(BLUEZUTILSDIR); \

bluez-libs-install:
	@$(MAKE) -C $(BLUEZLIBDIR) prefix=$(prefix) install