Re: Bug in JFFS

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Bjorn Wesen wrote:

> have a filesystem that could be used in our embedded products where
> configuration data is changed now and then (basically quite small
> operations on quite small files) and sometimes do updates of bigger files
> (binary programs etc). I'm curious to hear what people on this
> list expect to use JFFS for.

This matches all the use of flash in our products, with the addition that
we also use the flash for upgrade. Ie we have a boot loader that reads
the kernel from the FFS2 and the program code resides there as well.
Configuration data and small state information (<4k) are stored and
updated occasionally, the state information is updated fairly frequently
actually..

Jason