Re: garbage collect

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Bjorn Wesen wrote:

> > > Yeah, you dont even need to store the mapping in the flash either because
> > > the scan does not care if it scans in weird order.
> >
> > Wow, excellent.

> However you'd need to make sure the write-node function knows about sector
> alignment, so it breaks nodes that span non-consecutive sectors. Same
> procedure as when writing to the flash-end.

Hm, I take it then that you don't have any header/footer information
per-sector.. Does this mean you cannot detect the start of a JFFS
partition on a flash?

What I have always done is to use the first erase sector as a boot loader,
in every device I use this sector is mapped into some location that makes
this possible. The file system must always start at the second erase
sector. With FFS2 this was no problem, just find the right headers.. I was
hoping the same for JFFS?

Jason