Re: garbage collect

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > However you'd need to make sure the write-node function knows about sector
> > alignment, so it breaks nodes that span non-consecutive sectors. Same
> > procedure as when writing to the flash-end.
>
> Hm, I take it then that you don't have any header/footer information
> per-sector.. Does this mean you cannot detect the start of a JFFS
> partition on a flash?

There is a magic sequence in the beginning of each node, that can be used
to locate the start (in combination with a correct checksum of the node of
course, if other data is present). That's how the scan picks up after a
failed write.

I don't know if a sector header would be useful, but it would not destroy
anything if we decide to go with the non-consecutive sector log.

-Bjorn