RE: Unable to Ping new dev board after arp

Hi Logan,
sometimes it happens that the board does not reply on the first few ping packages (I'm not sure where the problem is). I once had to wait almost a minute (about 50 ping packages I think) for the board to reply. Try that first. Even though you do not get any immediate ping reply I think the orange LED will blink. In that case just give the board a minute or so to start replying.

If you have software release 1.0.1 you do not need to set up the development envitonment to log in from the serial port. Just run:

cu -s 115200 -l /dev/ttyS0

if you are using COM1 on your PC (ttyS1 for COM2 etc). Then hit Enter and you should get a login prompt. You can only log in to COM2 on the board.

If you are able to listen to COM2 from a terminal program you should be able to see the login prompt at the end of the output when booting the board. You will also see some output telling you that the board has changed its IP address when you do the arp/ping thing.

If you reset the board before having set the IP address permanently you will have to ping the board again to make it change its IP address.

brgds
Jonas Holmberg, Axis Communications