Re: reg stack size on etrax-uclinux

> From: Prabhat Avasare <avasare@xxxxxxx.be>
> Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 20:46:54 +0100 (MET)

> I was having some trouble with my program which
> I sensed could be due to a stack overflow. I guess
> etrax-uclinux will not increase stack dynamically.

You guess right.

> But then what is the default stack size for a user
> process in etrax-uClinux?

16k.

> How can I possibly increase
> it?

I haven't checked that this works with recent releases, but I
believe it will work for your version of tools and kernel if you
link with "-Wl,-defsym,__Stacksize=N" where N is the stack-size
you want.

> Sorry if it's a trivial question but I am a newcomer
> to linux kernel programming, and couldnt find the
> answer easily :-)

I wouldn't say it's trivial.  It should probably be added to a
FAQ.

brgds, H-P