Re: kernel level debugging on etrax-uclinux

> From: Prabhat Avasare <avasare@xxxxxxx.be>
> Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 15:04:44 +0100 (MET)

> 1. I am getting a kernel reboot bug with some
>    kernel(which I have patched with a software
>    called freeswan) function. First guess was the
>    stack size problem, so I had increased the
>    stack size while linking the kernel(i.e. during
>    linking vmlinux). It was with -defsyms __Stacksize=N
>    flag during link-time. But it doesnt seem to make
>    any effect. How do I make it sure that it has really
>    incresed stack size for all the kernel functions?
>    I toyed with small programs and compiling them with
>    those flags, but couldnt get any definitive answer.
>    Is there any easy way of checking?

No, as I told you in a previous reply, linking the *kernel* with
-defsyms __Stacksize=a_larger_size is not necessary.  It has *no
effect*.  It is *user programs* that should be linked that way
to get a larger stack than the default 16k.

Sorry, I don't know right now whether there is an easy knob to
tweak when low stack in the kernel is a suspect.

brgds, H-P