reg remote debugging with gdb

Hi there.

Can someone please explain me how I can debug my
applications running on etrax board remotely with
a gdb running on host machine? Inside gdb-cris.tgz,
I could not find any document describing exactly
the steps to use such a debugging. The only things
I tried were from gdb help document.

I tried following steps -

1. compile gdb-cris
2. compile my application with -g flag
3. run the compiled application on the board
4. simultaneously run gdb-cris on host machine i.e.
       shell% gdb-cris --baud=115200 <app>
       GNU gdb 4.18
       This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=cris"...
       (gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
       Remote debugging using /dev/ttyS0

Nothing happens on host machine, gdb just waits
while program on etrax board runs and finishes
as usual. I guess I am terribly missing something
simple. Do I have to link my etrax-running-program
with some extra stubs to interact with gdb on serial
port?

best wishes,
-- prabhat

--
Prabhat Avasare    IMEC (DESICS)          email: avasare@xxxxxxx.be
                   Kapeldreef 75            Tel: +32-16-281525