how to debug with gdb-cris

Hi everyone.

After realising that remote debugging with
gdb-cris is not yet possible, I was trying
to use gdb-cris for debugging applications
(compiled for etrax board) on host machine.
Unfortunately I am not able to.

I have a very simple program.
#include <stdio.h>

main()
{
  printf ( "size of short %d\n", sizeof(short) );
  printf ( "size of int %d\n", sizeof(int) );
  printf ( "size of long int %d\n", sizeof(long int) );
  printf ( "size of long %d\n", sizeof(long) );
  printf ( "size of float %d\n", sizeof(float) );
  printf ( "size of double %d\n", sizeof(double) );
}
which I have compiled with -g flag with gcc-cris.
When I try to debug it with gdb-cris i.e.

shell% ~/sources/gdb-cris-gnu/gdb/gdb /tmp/a.out
GNU gdb 4.18
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=cris"...
(gdb) b main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x96: file t.c, line 4.
(gdb) r
Starting program: /tmp/a.out
Don't know how to run.  Try "help target".
(gdb)

After going through "help target", I couldnt
reach anywhere near debugging my program.
I guess I am missing something trivial. Please
let me know.

best wishes,
-- prabhat

--
Prabhat Avasare    IMEC (DESICS)          email: avasare@xxxxxxx.be
                   Kapeldreef 75            Tel: +32-16-281525