Re: how to debug with gdb-cris

> From: Prabhat Avasare <avasare@xxxxxxx.be>
> Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 18:12:02 +0100 (MET)

> After realising that remote debugging with
> gdb-cris is not yet possible, I was trying
> to use gdb-cris for debugging applications
> (compiled for etrax board) on host machine.
> Unfortunately I am not able to.

As my colleague reported, there are problems getting gdb-cris to
work in this environment.  Thus gdb-cris is probably of no use
to you at all.

The simplest way to debug programs (that do not depend on
board-specific libraries) is then to compile and debug them
"normally"; i.e. on the host, compiled for the host, using the
host gdb.

brgds, H-P