Re: how to debug with gdb-cris

> From: Prabhat Avasare <avasare@xxxxxxx.be>
> Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 11:19:43 +0100 (MET)

> Can you please tell me in which environments is gdb-cris
> available? We tried it on Redhat 5.2 (linux 2.0.36) on a
> Pentium II 266 MHz Dell PC. Is it available on any other
> linux, say Redhat 6.2? Or any other machines(but then we
> will need gcc-cris on those machines too, right?)?

I will have to leave the final say to people claiming successful
experience using gdb-cris on elinux.  I suspect it can't be used
there at all as it is now.  The environment I was referring to
is elinux as a whole, for example as running on the devboard,
not the host environment.

> I think that it is a good idea to mention such things
> somewhere in axis software download section :-)

I agree.  I'm inclined to believe it is just a "open source"
placement that is commonly mistaken to be useful for elinux
development specifically.  I hope someone will correct me.

brgds, H-P