FIFO

Hi there!

I just writing a program in C++ at elinux. I need to communicate between
processes and like to use FIFOs. The trouble is, that I get errors if I try
to read or write on it. (The same code is running on my PC with no
problems).
Furthermore it seems that elinux ignores the blocking mechanism - this means
it returns the open-function even if it should not! open("FIFO",RDONLY) has
the same effect than open("FIFO",RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK) !? where noone else
opens the same FIFO in write-mode.
Could it be that FIFOs aren't implemented correctly in elinux yet? Or did i
do something wrong in my code:

process ONE:
	mkfifo("./FIFO",S_IRUSR|S_IWUSR);
	fd=open("./FIFO",RDONLY); // should be wait till process
	read(fd,&ch,1);		  // TWO opens FIFO to write
	close(fd);

process TWO:
	fd=open("./FIFO",WRONLY);
	write(fd,"hello world",12);