RE: system V interprocess communication (ipc) ?

Hi,
we do not use SysV IPC (shared memory, semaphores and message queues) with ETRAX 100 and elinux. There are a document in the source code tree (elinux/Documentation/elinux.txt) explaining the difficulties (no MMU => you can actually share memory by just letting other processes know which address to use). With ETRAX 100LX and Linux 2.4 it should work though.

Pipes, named pipes and fifos are working fine.

I really do not know about RPC (Has anyone else on this mailing list tried it?).

Best regards
/Jonas