RE: pppd II

Hi!

I have used PPP on the developer card with a mobile phone (which works
like a modem) and it works fine. Some hints (when using developer board
as client):

1. Create a file containing instructions for chat. For example:

ABORT BUSY
ABORT NO\\sDIAL\\sTONE
ABORT RING
ABORT NO\\sCARRIER
ATZ
OK-+++\\c-OK ATE0V1X0M0
TIMEOUT 120
OK ATDT0462721845
CONNECT \\d\\c\n
TIMEOUT 120

Replace 0462721945 with the number you want to call

2. Create a pap-secrets and a chap-secrets file

3. Start pppd. Example: (write on one row)

pppd /dev/ttyS0 115200 -detach nologfd lcp-echo-failure 6
lcp-echo-interval 10 debug modem flowcontrol RTS/CTS
noipdefault noccp usepeerdns name username remotename
REMOTE connect /tmp/isp.chat

Replace username with the username you want to connect as
and /tmp/isp.chat with the name of the file you created above.

There are a lot of options so I recommend that you create
a script or a program that fills in the options.

Best Regards,
/Mikael