simple question about compilation

Hi,
   I have run into some compilation (linking) issues, which I am not able to
fix. Should be simple for the guru's out there so please help -

I have created some libraries (xxx.a) which use functions defined under
include/as/*.h [namely bitops.h and byteorder.h]. Most of these functions
are using extern with __Inline__.

When I link these libs against other modules to get an exe, I get error of
the type
"undefined reference to ___ntohs"

This error might be because I have missed some flags (maybe - I am trying to
port SNMP agent to it - code was picked out GNU sources on web).

Any clues would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Abhishek