RE: FATAL ERROR on devboard with CRIS 1.11

> Hello,

Hi,

> Before upgrading my own board kernel and apps, I tried to
> play with CRIS
> 1.11 on the devboard first.
> 1) I have downloaded and installed the package
> devboard_R_1_0_2-with-compiler
> 2) I have rebuild the package, then flash my devboard.
> Everything is OK.
> 3) I have downloaded and installed the new compiler
> (cris-dist-1.11-1.i386.rpm)
> 4) I have patched the package (cat ... .diff.gz | patch -N1 ...)
> 5) I have removed every .o and .a from my Axis tree to make sure the
> binaries will be rebuild.

Are you sure you have removed everything built by the old compiler? Try adding the -c option to mkprod, it will then do a "make clean" in all directories and rebuild them.

> 6) I have rebuild the whole package (kernel and apps), then flash the
> devboard. The debug ports shows that the kernel is
> uncompressed, then the
> init process called successfully, but after that, a few lines
> follow with an
> error like "did not find _armap of module ... .obj", or "did
> not find _main
> of module route.obj"... then the board hangs...
>
> Please help... Where did I forget something in this -long- process ?

If -c does not help, please send me the complete debug output. I think that we just have to figure out which application or lib that hasn't been rebuilt properly.

> Johann Dantant
> Pro-Active
> johann.d@xxxxxxx.fr
> www.pro-active.fr