RE: MAC address in hardware?

...and mac.conf is usually generated during the first boot by /bin/mactool that reads SERNO (serial number) from the flash bootblock (using /bin/bootblocktool). It only does that if the MAC address in mac.conf is the default MAC address (00:40:8c:cd:00:00). If you modify MACADR in mac.conf mactool won't change it back.

Best regards
/Jonas